What are the pros and cons of driving a 4 wheeler?
The answer to this question is not black or white. There are advantages to having one, but there are also disadvantages. The following list will provide you with all the information necessary for making an informed decision about whether to buy a four wheeler or not.
Pros of Driving a 4 Wheeler
- Four wheelers are extremely versatile and can be used for many different things. As long as you have the proper frame, they can be used to pull trailers, move ATVs or dirt bikes around, hunt ducks or other game on farms, go hunting in the mountains, go fishing with your best friend/ significant other, run through mud pits at an off road park, or endure harsh weather conditions.
2. Some four wheelers come equipped with power steering which is helpful when driving on difficult terrain or by yourself. Four wheelers allow you to get into some otherwise inaccessible places that would be impossible with just an ordinary vehicle or on foot.
3. You have the option of adding 4x4 attachments to them later on, such as winches, racks for hunting gear, fishing equipment, etc..
Cons of Driving a 4 Wheeler
- Some people don't like getting dirty when they're out having fun . Riding through the mud in your dad's old work boots might not be everyone's idea of a good time.
- Four wheelers are loud! This may sound like a pro... but most people don't want to have to deal with the noise when they are just looking for a nice quiet ride through the woods. They can also be pretty expensive .
- Overwhelmingly, the most common con to owning a four wheeler is that insurance companies do not cover damage done by four wheelers very well which makes them more expensive than other comparable sized cars and trucks.
If you are considering buying a 4 wheeler, it is important to consider the pros and cons of this large purchase. If your goal is to get off-road or drive on rugged terrain, then investing in one will be worth it. But if you want an all-terrain vehicle that can go anywhere without making any noise (like snowmobile), then do not buy a four wheeler. Another consideration would be whether or not there are places where you could take your new ride like dirt tracks, mud pits, hills - for example; does the package include aftermarket accessories? There's also safety considerations with size limitations when driving over bridges so measure before making the final decision! For more 4x4 parts and accessories, OZI 4x4 offers the best 4x4 equipment for your next adventures! Visit us here: ozi4x4.com.au